It was really lovely to see so many folk last week in Church. Don’t forget the picnic tea option too, it’s for everyone.
A little word
‘If you choose, you can make me clean.’ … Jesus said to him, ‘I do choose. Be made clean!’. Mark 1.40-41
How often have I read those words? and yet it struck me with a new force. Can you imagine hearing Jesus say, ‘I do choose’. Do you remember picking teams at school? Some of us would be the first to be picked; some of us the last. It could be excruciating.
And yet Jesus chooses you and he chooses me. Don’t overthink it – just bask in it. Jesus chooses me!
Things to pray for
- Give thanks for the fact that God knows you and is on your side.
- for those opposing the rise of extremism around the world.
- for Holiday Club – nearly all the COGs are coming, and it will be so good to be physically together again for the first time since the beginning of Covid
In-Church worship Sunday at 10am. Service of Morning Worship WITH SINGING – continuing with our theme of Love & Community.
Face coverings please and be especially conscious of how some people will still want to be cautious.
You can also watch by live-stream on the church facebook page
This week’s reading is: Matthew 25. 31-45
5pm Outdoor worship, games and byo picnic in Abbeyfield Park
10am on Thursday
Holy Communion in Church
August Service details
On a Sunday we will move the service to 10am. Please continue to wear masks. Hand sanitiser will be available, and we will still record attendance. There will be a section of seating available for those who prefer to continue social distancing. The good news is that we will start singing again. There will be refreshments at the end, and weather permitting, we will have those outside in the fresh air. We will attempt to livestream this service.
At 5pm we will have an open-air gathering for worship, games and a byo picnic. This will be in Abbeyfield Park. This is for anyone who would like to come but will be especially suitable for families.
Thursday Communion will carry on as is, with the addition of singing.
Tidy up session and Hay Making on Thursday 12 Aug 5-7pm – bring a drink and a sandwich, shears, gloves, and a rake if you have one.
On Monday NOW IN CHRISTCHURCH- USE WELCOME CENTRE ENTRANCE
There will be all kinds of activities, games, craft, wondering at nature, around a song written by King David
- When: Monday 9th of August 11- 1.30
- Where: Christ Church
- Who: Christ Church Cogs and St Peter’s kids. If you are under 5, please bring a parent. We are very happy for you to bring a friend so long as their parents have filled out and signed a form giving their consent.
- How: please fill out and sign the consent form https://www.pitsmoor.church/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/holiday-club-2021-consent-form.pdf and bring it with you on the day, or ask Sara ( 07591 411950) to send one or drop one into you. (NB please do make sure your friends get their parents to fill a form in too because, without consent, sorry, they won’t be able to stay.)
Prayer Day – 18/9
- to give thanks?
- to reflect on our priorities?
- To simply be a quiet space where we can spend time with God after all the upheaval and trauma of the last eighteen months.
We’re looking at 18 September, 10am – 3pm. If anyone would like to be involved in planning and doing, please let Karen or Sara know.
Sara on placement
Sara is on placement for the next week, so you are unlikely to be able to get hold of her easily.
Grab the Jab
Another local opportunity to get a Covid vaccine. Walk in clinic at Vestry Hall from Tues 10/8 to Sunday 15/8, 11.15am-6.30pm. Let your friends and neighbours know.
Earlier week’s news
Previous editions of this news update are on the website if you can’t find it in your in-box.